This lovely Elan has a comprehensive specification and has been a highly successful speed event car in the hands of Graham Oxley, Jon Langmead and Mike Henney. It is a multiple class and championship winner and has held several hill records.
Recently rebuilt onto a new Type 26R chassis, the Elan’s impressive specification includes:
• 1760 cc all steel twin cam with an AX block, producing 167 bhp
• ported head with race cams
• new 40DCOE Webers, distributor and coil
• Hi torque starter and lightweight alternator
• Tranex sc/cr gearbox with alloy tail and bellhousing
• Quaife limited slip diff
• Willwood 4 pot front brakes
• lightweight body panels
• 26R style headlamp covers and alloy wheel spinners
• lightweight custom interior (legal for roadgoing classes)
• Front and rear roll cage
• Foam filled alloy fuel tank
Complete with a detailed history file including current and original log books, invoices for work carried out and set up information. Also a spares package which includes 4 wheels and tyres and a fuel injection system (as used by a previous owner).
A well prepared and highly competitive contender for the roadgoing classes.